Ty Crwn Mawr – Authentic Mongolian Ger (Yurt)
Ty Crwn Mawr (Large Round House) is a spacious, cosy and very comfortable authentic Mongolian Ger (better known as a yurt) with amazing views which can easily and very comfortably accommodate up to seven guests.
The yurt is beautifully furnished with lovely linens, wall hangings, rugs and fairy lights creating a warm and magical space. It has a super comfy king size bed and five single foldable futon beds that turn into seats. The yurt is light and airy with a clear round window in the roof and a north facing door to help keep things cool on sunny days and hot summer nights. Bedsheets, duvets and pillows are provided along with plenty of extra blankets but feel free to bring more with you.
Fully insulated with thick wool felt and heated with a brilliant wood burning stove, it’s toasty even on the coldest of winter nights. A basket of logs with firelighters and kindling are provided. Further packs of logs are available along with extra kindling and firelighters.
Ty Bach Pren – Bathroom and Kitchenette
Right next to the yurt is Ty Bach Pren, a small wooden cabin containing a bathroom (with compost toilet and hot shower cubicle) and a well equipped small kitchenette with sink, 4 ring gas stove worktops and fridge/freezer.
All pots/pans, crockery and cutlery, mugs and glasses etc are provided. We simply ask that you wash them before you leave.
Outdoor Seating, Fire Bowl and Covered Dining Space
There is a secluded seating area, covered dining area with fire bowl, grill & BBQ to the south of the yurt with plenty of chairs and benches.
Cast iron cookware (including a dutch oven) is provided for those full on outdoor fire based culinary experiences! So hey….collect some wood from the forest, get the fire bowl going and cook up a hearty meal….you are glamping after all!!!
In keeping with the ethos of our home, we have tried to use reclaimed/recycled/up cycled materials wherever possible.
There are standard 230v electrical sockets in the yurt and low energy lighting there and in the bathroom/kitchen & outdoor area which all run off renewable energy sources.
So by staying in Ty Crwn Mawr you will be doing your bit to reduce pollution and carbon emissions.
If you need assistance with anything just ask. We are here to help and glad to do so. 🙂
Guest reviews and comments
Greener Camping Club Membership
In order to comply with countryside planning policy, we operate as a Greener Camping Club members only campsite.
The club was established by people with a passion for sustainable, eco-friendly camping holidays. Membership costs just £10 for the calendar year and provides access to some of the greenest campsites in the UK. It also includes participation in the Club’s ‘Trees for Life’ scheme, whereby a tree is planted for every Member we enrol.
When you book, we will automatically enrol you as a member of the Greener Camping Club. The cost of this non-optional membership will be covered in the booking charges. If you are already a GCC member then please let us know after booking and we will refund the £10 membership charge after you check out.
When booking you agree to provide us with your full name and email address in order that we can enrol you as a GCC member. We’ll issue your membership e-card by email before you check-in.
If you do not provide your full name and email address after booking and at least 7 days before check-in, then we reserve the right to refuse you entry to the campsite with no refund. Please note that if you cancel your booking, the £10 Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable.
Other things to note
- Safety: Smoke alarm, Carbon monoxide alarm, Fire extinguisher, Fire blanket in the yurt and cabin
- We have a fresh spring water supply, delicious clean vibrant water
- All electricity generated on site from renewable energy sources – 230v in the yurt and cabin
- There are low energy lights in the yurt, outside and and the kitchen/toilet
- 230v power sockets for phones or computers in the yurt.
- Sustainable wood powered heating
- Fridge Freezer
- Hot and cold running water and hot shower
- Composting toilet
- Bed linen and duvets are supplied for all beds.
- Bath/Shower towels are not provided.
- Washing up liquid, tea towels, dish cloths are provided.
- Do bring your own torches/lamps for use outside the yurt and matches/lighter to light the stove/bbq/fire pit/gas hob. You will need to supply your own charcoal for the BBQ or if you request it in advance we should be able to arrange that for you.
- Eggs from the free range chickens are available when they are laying and we haven’t already eaten them! Sorry if you are vegan but we love our chooks and they have a great life…as you will see!
- On the North Berwyn Way walking route.. Here’s a link to one of many websites: www.deevalleywalks.co.uk
- Internet/WiFi can be provided if required but due to our very rural location the internet can sometimes be a bit temperamental!
- Pets are welcome by prior agreement only – Must be fully house trained and kept on a lead outside the yurt if they haven’t been trained not to chase cats, chickens or sheep – Extra £5/night/pet.
- Please note that when the outside temperature drops below 5 degrees Celsius for more than 24 hours, we may have to turn the water supply to the kitchen/bathroom off and drain the system in order to protect the pipes from freezing. In this situation, large containers of fresh water will be made available.
- The fridge freezer will only operate when the outside temperature is above 10 degrees Celsius. It maintains its internal temperature for 24 hours so this is rarely an issue.
- The yurt is set well apart from the main house and well screened from the rest of the property.
- Ty Bach Pren, the wooden cabin kitchenette and bathroom is right next to the yurt.
- You will have your privacy but we are only too happy to chat, help, spend time, advise on places to go, things to do, where to walk etc. Apparently we are very approachable!
- Parking is 30m from the yurt.
- If you would like to try your hand at chopping your own wood or joining in whilst we work on the vegetable garden you will be most welcome.
- Feel free to play guitars, drums, or to sing your heart out if you are musically inclined but please be mindful of any other guests and your hosts!
- Enjoy the space and the feeling of freedom.
- You are welcome to use the garden, sit by the pond and generally make yourselves at home but please be aware that this is also our home and sometimes it’s nice for us to enjoy a bit of privacy.
Interaction with guests
We are available to recommend walks, mountain bike rides, places to eat, local entertainment nearby…or just for a friendly chat!
If you are celebrating a special occasion then we may be able to help with some great food and a bottle of something suitable, ambient music etc.
We will need a bit of notice to sort that out, but we want your stay here to be memorable and enjoyable so we will do what we can to help make that happen for you.
Ty Crwn Mawr Yurt Photo Gallery
Click on a photo to view full screen.