Ty Crwn Bach Idris – A gorgeous yurt with covered deck and log cabin kitchen diner & bathroom
Ty Crwn Bach Idris (Idris’s little round house) is a cosy, gorgeous and very comfortable yurt with truly spectacular views suitable for up to four guests.
The yurt is beautifully furnished with lovely linens, wall hangings, rugs and fairy lights creating a warm and magical space. It has a super comfy double bed and a double sofa/futon. Bedsheets, duvets and pillows are provided along with plenty of extra blankets but feel free to bring more with you.
Ty Crwn Bach Idris is light and airy with a clear round glass opening window in the roof and a south facing stable door to help keep things cool on sunny days and hot summer nights. The floor and walls are insulated so it’s toasty even on the coldest of winter nights. There is a brilliant little wood burning stove which heats up the space very quickly and is perfect for boiling the kettle for a warming cuppa. A basket of logs with firelighters and kindling are provided. Further packs of logs are available along with extra kindling and firelighters.
Ty Log – Log Cabin Kitchen/Diner and Bathroom
Ty Log is a large log cabin contains a super well equipped commercial grade kitchen and dining area. It is also home to a compact heated bathroom with hot power shower, flushing toilet and hand basin.
The log cabin facilities are for the sole use of the guests staying in Ty Crwn Bach Idris. The exception to this is if you rent both the small yurt and large yurt at the same time and then you can share facilities in whatever way you wish.
All pots/pans, crockery and cutlery, mugs and glasses are provided. We simply ask that you wash them before you leave.
Outside, covered deck and fire bowl
The covered and partially enclosed deck outside the yurt provides somewhere sheltered to sit and enjoy the BBQ or the fire bowl, or swing gently in the hammock and hanging chairs. There are two comfortable adirondack chairs provided although there are grassy areas to lounge around on if you would prefer.
So hey….collect some wood from the forest, get the washing machine fire bowl going and cook up a hearty meal….you are glamping after all!!!
In keeping with the ethos of our home, we have tried to use reclaimed/recycled/up cycled materials wherever possible.
There are standard 230v electrical sockets in the yurt and low energy lighting there and in the bathroom/kitchen which all run off renewable energy sources.
So by staying in Ty Crwn Bach Idris you will be doing your bit to reduce pollution and carbon emissions.
If you need assistance with anything just ask. We are here to help and glad to do so. 🙂
Guest Reviews and Comments
A lovely yurt in a beautiful setting overlooking the forest. If you want a no frills, eco friendly trip with all the amenities you could need then this is the place. The hosts are welcoming and helpful and on hand if you need anything and, if not, leave you to enjoy the peace and quiet. - 27 Sep 2019
ll expectations met and exceeded. Nathan could not enough to help and assist in any way possible. Stayed when it was freezing outside and the yurt was warm and comfortable all through the night. It's a space to truly unwind and connect with nature and yourself. Will definitely return and highly recommend. - 06 Dec 2020
Shayne and Nathan’s place is absolutely gorgeous! We had the comfiest stay! We absolutely loved how cozy the yurt was; the little fire and fairy lights just topped it off! Also, the location is breathtakingly stunning. It is very quiet and definitely at one with nature. I absolutely loved seeing all the wildlife outside the yurt, and I especially loved the two resident chickens that came to say hi every day The amenities were also great , definitely no faults with the amenities. Thank you for an amazing stay, the place you have is so precious. - 05 Oct 2020
Had an amazing time, yurt was beautiful and in a gorgeous location. Kitchen and bathroom facilities we’re spot on and very clean. Nathan and Shayne were just a message away if we needed anything.
Had lots of fun playing fetch with the owner’s dogs. Lots of hiking routes around the area. Perfect to get away from it all for a few days. Would recommend to anyone wanting a bit of piece and quiet in the countryside. Will definitely be booking again 🙂 - 02 Apr 2019
Beautiful scenery, amazing yurt and a lovely couple.
Enjoyed 2 nights in one of Shayne & Nathans yurts. Such a cool space and has everything you need for a chilled out and relaxing time. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are great too. Hot shower and full range cooker! Hope to stay again soon! - 05 Jul 2018
If you want somewhere peaceful, beautiful and cosy this is it. We loved staying in the yurt, and getting back to basics cooking on the fire. There’s everything you need here and a fab place to just relax and chill out. Local towns with pubs and restaurants aren’t far and there’s great access to the A5 if you’re looking to visit Snowdonia National Park. - 07 May 2021
Greener Camping Club Membership
In order to comply with countryside planning policy, we operate as a Greener Camping Club members only campsite.
The club was established by people with a passion for sustainable, eco-friendly camping holidays. Membership costs just £10 for the calendar year and provides access to some of the greenest campsites in the UK. It also includes participation in the Club’s ‘Trees for Life’ scheme, whereby a tree is planted for every Member we enrol.
When you book, we will automatically enrol you as a member of the Greener Camping Club. The cost of this non-optional membership will be covered in the booking charges. If you are already a GCC member then please let us know after booking and we will refund the £10 membership charge after you check out.
When booking you agree to provide us with your full name and email address in order that we can enrol you as a GCC member. We’ll issue your membership e-card by email before you check-in.
If you do not provide your full name and email address after booking and at least 7 days before check-in, then we reserve the right to refuse you entry to the campsite with no refund. Please note that if you cancel your booking, the £10 Greener Camping Club membership fee is not refundable.
Other things to note
- Safety: Smoke alarm, Carbon monoxide alarm, Fire extinguisher, Fire blanket in the yurt and cabin
- We have a fresh spring water supply, delicious clean vibrant water
- All electricity generated on site from renewable energy sources – 230v in the yurt and cabin
- There are low energy lights in the yurt, outside and in the log cabin kitchen and bathroom.
- 230v power sockets for phones or computers in the yurt.
- Sustainable wood powered heating
- Standard size fridge
- Hot and cold running water in the kitchen and bathroom
- Hot power shower
- Flushing toilet
- Bed linen and duvets are supplied for all beds.
- Bath/Shower towels are not provided.
- Washing up liquid, tea towels, dish cloths are provided.
- Do bring your own torches/lamps for use outside the yurt and matches/lighter to light the stove/bbq/fire pit/gas hob. You will need to supply your own charcoal for the BBQ or if you request it in advance we should be able to arrange that for you.
- Eggs from the free range chickens are available when they are laying and we haven’t already eaten them! Sorry if you are vegan but we love our chooks and they have a great life…as you will see!
- On the North Berwyn Way walking route.. Here’s a link to one of many websites: www.deevalleywalks.co.uk
- Internet/WiFi can be provided if required but due to our very rural location the internet can sometimes be a bit temperamental!
- Pets are welcome by prior agreement only – Must be fully house trained and kept on a lead outside the yurt if they haven’t been trained not to chase cats, chickens or sheep – Extra £5/night/pet.
- Please note that when the outside temperature drops below freezing for more than a few days in a row, we may have to turn the water supply to the kitchen/bathroom off and drain the system in order to protect the pipes from freezing. In this situation, large containers of fresh water will be made available. There is heating in the cabin kitchen and bathroom to prevent the pipework from freezing but if it gets really artic then there’s little we can do!
- The yurt is set well apart from the main house and well screened from the rest of the property.
- Ty Bach Pren, the wooden cabin kitchenette and bathroom is right next to the yurt.
- You will have your privacy but we are only too happy to chat, help, spend time, advise on places to go, things to do, where to walk etc. Apparently we are very approachable!
- Parking is 30m from the yurt.
- If you would like to try your hand at chopping your own wood or joining in whilst we work on the vegetable garden you will be most welcome.
- Feel free to play guitars, drums, or to sing your heart out if you are musically inclined but please be mindful of any other guests and your hosts!
- Enjoy the space and the feeling of freedom.
- You are welcome to use the garden, sit by the pond and generally make yourselves at home but please be aware that this is also our home and sometimes it’s nice for us to enjoy a bit of privacy.
Interaction with guests
We are available to recommend walks, mountain bike rides, places to eat, local entertainment nearby…or just for a friendly chat!
If you are celebrating a special occasion then we may be able to help with some great food and a bottle of something suitable, ambient music etc.
We will need a bit of notice to sort that out, but we want your stay here to be memorable and enjoyable so we will do what we can to help make that happen for you.
Ty Crwn Bach Idris – Yurt Photo Gallery
Click on a photo to view full screen.